Main menu

Pages

What MacBook Pro Configuration for Graphic Design?


















So i just finished with Highschool. I want to go to Graphics Design Uni next year. In my years at Highschool i learned how to code etc. But i want to switch to Design. Now that my Laptop recently died i need a new one. I decided to go for a MacBook Pro 16“ as i love the big Trackpad, the better Battery and the better heat management.
I asked the uni what they require (specs). They said MacBook with M1 Chip, 16GB (better 32GB) RAM and 512GB (better 1TB) SSD.
I will plug in 2-3 external monitors. I guess for now 2 should be fine but maybe in a few months or years i want a 3rd (they most likely will be 4k monitors). As i often work with 5-8 open programms that i all use at the same time.
I will be working with normal things graphic designers do (photoshop, illustrator, xd, also webdevelopmemt and UI), besides that i will be cutting 4k videos for a sidejob. So it could easiely be the case that i just finished a Video and export it. Next to exporting i listen to music and work for uni (graphic things). Also i want to go a bit future proof due to the fact that i want to use this MacBook for about 6-7 years i would say, maybe even more. So i definitly dont want to get a new one in 3 years. Thats why its so hard for me to get the right specs. Can someone help me out or share their experience. Im just getting into graphics design. So idk how much performance all these adobe programms require. Im not rly on a budget but i dont want to waste my money. I see this as an investetment for my school carreer, my first job, etc.













 





Comments